Is Siteground really, the Fastest WordPress Hosting of 2021?
Well, if you want to create a profitable online business this company is certainly among the Top because it will guarantee you a fast and safe site.
The best part is that if you’ve never used WordPress, you don’t need to worry too much as it’s already pre-installed in SiteGround.
Also, you will have other benefits that we will discover shortly.
The service, that is offered, is technically superior to many others because it is based on the best technologies.
But today we will also look at other popular and WordPress approved hosting providers, so that you can understand the characteristics of each.
Here’s what you get with Siteground
|VALUE FOR MONEY||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|OVERALL RATING||4.8 out of 5|
It was born in 2004 in Bulgaria, it was created by university students.
It has achieved great success and now boasts more than 2 million domains and more than 500 collaborators.
You can obtain the following requirements:
- Security: any weak points that may be targeted by hackers are blocked and identified every day.
- Loading speed
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Static cache, where you can add additional levels or you can leave it disabled.
- Latest PHP versions (if you want you can always change it with the previous one.)
Who is this hosting service best for?
Whether it’s your first or tenth site, Siteground is certainly up to par, if not one of the best for any of your business levels:
- WordPress sites
- Those looking for the Git repository, SSH access (used to establish a secure connection between the computer and the remote Git repository account, also allowing for authentication), and staging.
To whom I wouldn’t recommend SiteGround
- You don’t have enough budget to pay for the service for at least a year. (It is not suitable for those who want a cheap hosting service.)
- You don’t care about getting more visibility on search engines.
- The purpose of your site is not for profit, but rather a hobby, or you just want to share something.
SiteGround interface evaluation
SiteGround’s interface is fast and intuitive, greatly simplifying site management. (Also from mobile.)
With SiteTools you will quickly find all the tools you need because they are so well organized that you don’t have to worry too much about searching for them.
You will also find some useful tips for each tool: all explained in a very clear and simple way.
What does this platform offer?
Let’s analyze, in a general picture, what type of service SiteGround offers.
After that, we’ll go through each package to find out more:
- 24/7 support via email, phone, or chat.
- A free domain (in all packages) for the first year. After that, you will have to pay around € 13.95 / year. You can create unlimited subdomains.
- Site Builder
- Unlimited email accounts and databases.
- SSD disks (used for data storage and loading speed)
- Free CND
- A caching system.
- Free migration of your old website
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- You can choose between 3 shared hosting solutions: StartUp, GrowBig, GoGeek (they are the same ones you find in managed WordPress hosting).
These plans are generally suitable for most users, except those who have very large sites.
For example, if you have 300,000 people visiting your site every month, you will need another solution as shared hosting might be a bit limited.
Features of the 3 plans and prices of shared hosting
1) STARTUP: suitable for those with a small and medium-sized website.
For the first contract period, it costs $ 6.99 per month, so for the normal renewal, you will pay $ 14.99.
- Only 1 website
- 10,000 monthly visits
- Cache for static content
- Unlimited traffic
- Managed WordPress
- Daily backup
- Unlimited databases
- You have up to 10 GB of web space available.
- In case, you need to restore your site backups, it will cost you $ 19.95.
2) GROW BIG: promotion $ 9.99. You can host multiple sites.
Once the offer has expired, it will cost you $ 24.99.
Here, you get extra benefits:
- Unlimited sites
- The support will be faster than the standard one.
- You will get 20 GB of space (10 more than the previous package)
- You can create and restore backup copies of the website (SiteGround will automatically save the copies)
- Caching system, even dynamic content.
|WHAT IS A CACHE AND HOW DOES IT WORK? |
It allows you to temporarily store and retain digital data, which you have accessed multiple times.
A practical example is search engine caches.
They store the searches you have done previously.
After, when you repeat the same search the affected page will load faster.
This happens, because the data related to that search is no longer retrieved from the server (like the first time) but directly from the browser cache.
3) GOGEEK:This plan uses a higher performing server and you will have more features.
Promotion price = $ 14.99. (renewal $ 39.99)
You will get maximum performance and other benefits:
- Back up and restore
- Access the Git repository and have a staging space. (It is a storage and maintenance service that allows you to retrieve the latest version of the website in case of complications.)
- Even more space, for a total of 40 GB.
(30 days money back)
Advantages of SiteGround
- The first advantage it offers is undoubtedly very fast hosting.
For those who have an online business, this is the first aspect to consider.
- Excellent customer service. There are also guides, to understand the operation.
- Suitable for everyone, even beginners, because everything is organized in a very simple and intuitive way.
- Server selection: America, Europe, Australia, and Asia
- Advanced features: CloudFlare, Free SSL, repository Git, staging, cache.
- Very intuitive and complete control panel, where you will find and manage domains, emails, Webspace, applications, and more.
- Server availability 99.99% This means that your site will always be active and uninterrupted.
- Benefits of Managed WordPress Hosting Services. (It means they will be co-managed by the provider) where you can have lower prices and many features, which will make your site highly performing.
Thanks to the SSD disks and the software used, they allow faster speed than many competitors.
- 30-day money-back guarantee for all plans.
|SITEGROUND USES HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE (SUPER CACHER AND HTTP / 2) THAT CONTRIBUTE TO A VERY FAST LOADING OF THE SITE. |
Super Cacher is a system that SiteGround created specifically for its servers, to be well optimized for WordPress. Everything is activated via plug-ins.
Go to “Site Improvement Tools” and click SuperCacher.
HTTP / 2 improves the loading speed of content on search engines.
This is made possible thanks to the optimization of data between server and browser.
- The price, not because it is exaggerated, but compared to the competition is a little more expensive. But the quality of the service is unquestionable.
- If you’re on a tight budget and are looking for something cheaper, but fast enough, I recommend Bluehost.
But you don’t get the same speed and quality as SiteGround offers.
(Towards the end of the article you will find more details on Bluehost …)
- When prices are billed monthly, the expense is much more.
|A FAST WEBSITE IS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR FOR SEO AND PROVIDES A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR USERS |
It is now known that the speed of a website is one of the first factors that Google takes into account first.
So if you have a fast site, it will rank higher in search engines.
Also, users don’t like a site that loads too slowly, in fact after 3 seconds they are more likely to leave and browse elsewhere.
Ok, SiteGround with WordPress?
It is simply a perfect combination it is officially recommended by WordPress.org.
Siteground hosting is optimized for WordPress and you can take advantage of its potential:
- For example, if you have a WordPress site and want to move it to SiteGround, it will be a very simple action through the use of Siteground Migrator, but remember that you can always ask for help whenever you want.
- If it’s your first time installing a website, there is also the option to use a plug-in that is already pre-installed on the bulletin board, so you don’t need to pay anything.
In this way, the operation will be considerably simplified and will take place automatically.
- By installing a WordPress plugin, the images will be optimized automatically.
(Dimensions) This will help improve the loading speed of the web pages.
- As soon as an update of the installed plug-ins is available, you will be notified immediately.
SiteGround speed test
The speed test is carried out to check the response time of the servers to view the contents of our site.
Google recommends a response time of 200ms.
With SiteGround Cloud, you get a worldwide average speed of just under 130 ms, while some shared hosting tests confirm they have achieved a speed slightly above 136 ms.
Alternative 1. SiteRubix
|VALUE FOR MONEY||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|OVERALL RATING||4.9 out of 5|
Siterubix is a website builder belonging to the Wealthy Affiliate University platform of which I am a member.
Based on my personal experience, I can say that SiteRubix can compete with Siteground, not only for the price but for the high performance that is offered.
In short, you will have GREAT hosting in your hands.
You can also have SiteRubix as I did without paying anything and build your WordPress site (which will remain yours forever) fully functional and free.
You simply need to register as a Wealthy Affiliate Starter member and create a free account to use the service.
Unlike other free hosting companies, you won’t be disappointed in terms of creativity here.
And the installation of the site is already pre-set, just a few clicks and that’s it.
You can customize it however you like, choosing from more than 3000 themes and numerous plugins available in WordPress.
In case you didn’t know, WA is a real school for making money online; in fact, it offers both free and paid courses.
(No obligation to see or buy them)
- High-quality free hosting optimized for WordPress.
- 99% UpTime (Nothing will stop your site from being active 24/7 throughout the year)
- You will not be asked for bank details, PayPal, or credit cards.
- With a free SiteRubix website, you can get up to 500,000 visitors per month, for free.
- 5GM of storage space.
- It is free indefinitely! Included in the Starter plan you can build a WordPress site with the essential plugins already installed (you can add more or modify them if you want)
- Automatic backup every 24 hours
- You also have the opportunity to make money with your affiliate link.
- Excellent loading speed.
- You don’t have a free domain, but you can buy it directly on the Wealthy Affiliate platform. (Domains section) Or you can use a free SiteRubix subdomain.
|VALUE FOR MONEY||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|OVERALL RATING||4.4 out of 5|
It is a very popular hosting provider.
It was born in 2003 and was acquired by the Endurance International Group.
This means that it cannot be considered an independent hosting provider like Siteground.
This is why the company can offer very competitive prices on the market.
However, many describe it as hosting with excellent uptime, but that’s not the case because it is above 99%, but does not reach 99.99%
This means your site may experience downtime.
Bluehost is a company that has many customers in tow and has been on the market for several years.
It can be a good alternative (but not as good as SiteRubix)
- The biggest advantage you will get with Bluehost is the price it is cheaper than the competition.
- It integrates very well with WordPress, and WP itself recommends Bluehost, Siteground, and DreamHost as the best hosting providers.
- Get a free domain
- 1-month money-back guarantee.
- The customer service is good because you can choose between Email, Live Chat, Telephone Hotline. But despite this the waiting times could be long.
- The storage space offered by the basic plan is small compared to the competition.
- You have to be careful of the many upsells that you find at the time of payment, because if you do not deselect them before proceeding with the purchase you will be charged to your card.
- Performance is not comparable to SiteGround or SiteRubix.
- In case you are a very demanding person who wants a very fast site, (IMPECCABLE) Bluehost’s performance is not the best.
For example, in the beginner packages, the server performance is not that impressive, because it is spread across many customers.
(This is another reason why you pay little)
- Bluehost is a service suitable only for small businesses. It does not offer high-performance hosting packages or cloud hosting. So it’s mostly suitable for beginners who don’t have a lot of needs at first.
|VALUE FOR MONEY||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|LOAD TIME||⭐⭐⭐⭐ (1 second less than SiteGround and Bluehost)|
|OVERALL RATING||4.4 out of 5|
While not as popular as the hosting providers described so far, please note that Dreamhost is approved by WordPress itself.
There are shared hosting, shared hosting plans WordPress, Virtual Private Server (VPS), Cloud.
Shared hosting is certainly affordable, but if you want to get a little bit more you should upgrade to a Virtual Private Server plan.
- Website builder
- It guarantees a good level of security
- Shared hosting is affordable.
- Free domain
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Lots of storage space
- Dedicated WordPress support.
- Staging areas
- Satisfied or your money back (97 days)
- Live chat is only available at certain times.
- Telephone support is not possible.
- There is only one server in the US.
- There aren’t some advanced features like backup and built-in caching.
- DreamHost features can be compared to other hosting providers such as Hostwinds, HostGator, and Liquid Web.
[maxbutton id=”64″ ]
Are there cheaper hosting services?
There are certainly cheaper hosting services.
For example, you can find many free website builders, but you will hardly find the same features as Siteground.
(They are not suitable for anyone who wants to earn serious money online)
The latter offers better loading speed and will help you rank your website higher. (Although not the cheapest)
Having a performing and reliable hosting service is the first factor to be successful in an online business.
This also applies to those who are starting from scratch and intend to gradually build a project from which to make money online.
SiteGround is a very high quality hosting service that integrates seamlessly with WordPress.
I guarantee you that I’m not the only one saying this, but many users who use it are satisfied.
Its strong point is its very powerful servers. This means:
- Better performance and indexing by search engines.
- No slowdown
- 99.99% uptime (your site will always be online)
The only thing is the price which is a little higher than the competition.
So, even in the year 2021 Siteground undoubtedly ranks as one of the fastest WordPress hosting.
Do you know of another similar service?